Thai Billionaire’s Debt Spree Evokes Asian Crisis Memory – Bloomberg, December 12, 2014
…“One has to wonder whether the CP Group remembers the lessons of the Asian crisis,” said Gillem Tulloch, founder of Hong Kong-based GMT Research Ltd. Tulloch has worked in Asia as a financial analyst since 1995. “There seems to be a fondness for large debt-financed acquisitions outside of their core competency.”
…The cost to insure Thailand’s sovereign debt using five-year credit-default swaps has jumped 9 basis points to 89.5 this week, its biggest increase since September. That’s pared its decline this year to 39 basis points. As investors seek safe havens, the 10-year government bond yield has dropped to a near six-year low at 2.78 percent…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous