Thai PBS replaces programme host Nattaya after NCPO’s tough stance – The Nation, November 15, 2014
…Nattaya hosted “People’s Voices that Need to be Heard before the Reform”.
The decision to replace her came after a group of military officers requested that the show be pulled off the air, citing an order from their “bosses” in the NCPO.
Thai PBS also insisted that it was sticking by its policy of maintaining independence, adding that the show would really benefit the reform process and the general public. The statement also said the channel would provide an explanation about the programme to the military officers…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?