Activists want ‘CIA jail’ truths – Bangkok Post, February 7, 2013
…Pornpen Kongkachonkiet said her Cross Cultural Foundation group raised the issue with US President Barack Obama when he visited Thailand last November. The CCF statement was sent to the US embassy but there was no feedback or comments on the issue. The Thai government also did not respond.
“At least one of these black sites is said to have been in Thailand,” said Ms Pornpen. “Not only are both Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri alleged to have been detained at this facility, but it is also alleged that they were also tortured during their detention by US officials, who were aided by Thai officials,” said Ms Pornpen.
It is now well known that Zubaydah was held at a still-secret location in Thailand and subjected to water boarding. Ms Pornpen’s allegation that Thai officials aided in the “enhanced interrogation” are new…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out