Activists want ‘CIA jail’ truths – Bangkok Post, February 7, 2013
…Pornpen Kongkachonkiet said her Cross Cultural Foundation group raised the issue with US President Barack Obama when he visited Thailand last November. The CCF statement was sent to the US embassy but there was no feedback or comments on the issue. The Thai government also did not respond.
“At least one of these black sites is said to have been in Thailand,” said Ms Pornpen. “Not only are both Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri alleged to have been detained at this facility, but it is also alleged that they were also tortured during their detention by US officials, who were aided by Thai officials,” said Ms Pornpen.
It is now well known that Zubaydah was held at a still-secret location in Thailand and subjected to water boarding. Ms Pornpen’s allegation that Thai officials aided in the “enhanced interrogation” are new…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?