Tesco goes head-to-head with Thailand’s wet markets – Telegraph, April 1, 2013
… The company has repeated this strategy of building supermarkets within shopping malls – encouraged by the cheap price of land – across Thailand. It has helped Tesco to become the biggest supermarket group in Thailand and the second largest shopping centre owner.
Now the company, led by chief executive Philip Clarke, is exploring whether parts of this model can work in the UK…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- We need conscription
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?