Taung Byone Festival Gives Myanmar’s LGBT Community Rare Opportunity to Openly Celebrate – theworld.org, September 14, 2012
In Myanmar, it’s illegal for men to have sex with other men. There are no gay bars or openly gay celebrities. But for one week each year, in a small village called Taung Byone, thousands of gay and transgender people congregate and celebrate freely. It happens at one of Myanmar’s largest spirit or “nat” festivals…
- The King’s Birthday
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!
- Weekly News Magazines: The cabinet sticks together, November-December, 2017
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch