Taiwan fraud rings move into Southeast Asia – AFP, May 14, 2011
…He estimated that dozens of young Taiwanese are now held in Thai prisons on fraud charges.
“I believe that some were lured to Thailand by false job deals only to become pawns of the fraud rings and were slapped with heavy prison terms up to 20 years,” Chang said.
Fraud rings usually pick young people who have never gone abroad, speak no English and are from humble backgrounds like Chen’s son so they are more easily manipulated, he said.
Taiwan’s foreign ministry, on the other hand, has said many young people arrested in Thailand were aware of the nature of their “job” but fell for the fat salaries and luxury houses promised by fraud rings…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- The rich man is not full yet
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die