Suu Kyi marks anniversary of father’s assassination – CNN, July 20, 2011
…Meanwhile, one witness at the martyr’s day event, who asked for his name not to be disclosed because he fears for his safety, said the authorities monitored Tuesday’s events from a distance.
“I saw more than 10 trucks of armed police were on stand-by with full riot gear,” he said. “There were around 300 police.”
Agence France-Presse reported that plainclothes police took pictures of the crowds, but allowed hundreds to pass through checkpoints and continue to the memorial…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- The Bangkok bombs
- Spreading the Photo
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?
- Internal Conflicts
- Article 44 Lives
- Mocking Yingluck
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt Stability, July, 2019