Suu Kyi marks anniversary of father’s assassination – CNN, July 20, 2011
…Meanwhile, one witness at the martyr’s day event, who asked for his name not to be disclosed because he fears for his safety, said the authorities monitored Tuesday’s events from a distance.
“I saw more than 10 trucks of armed police were on stand-by with full riot gear,” he said. “There were around 300 police.”
Agence France-Presse reported that plainclothes police took pictures of the crowds, but allowed hundreds to pass through checkpoints and continue to the memorial…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election posters: Transparent democracy
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear