Suu Kyi marks anniversary of father’s assassination – CNN, July 20, 2011
…Meanwhile, one witness at the martyr’s day event, who asked for his name not to be disclosed because he fears for his safety, said the authorities monitored Tuesday’s events from a distance.
“I saw more than 10 trucks of armed police were on stand-by with full riot gear,” he said. “There were around 300 police.”
Agence France-Presse reported that plainclothes police took pictures of the crowds, but allowed hundreds to pass through checkpoints and continue to the memorial…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out