Suu Kyi criticises restoration of Myanmar temples – www.thehindu.com, July 12, 2011
…UNESCO still has the site on its “tentative” list. “These monuments represent the outstanding artistic and technical achievement of an original and innovative Buddhist school of art,” the agency has said. Construction of a 60-metre (198-feet)-high viewing tower in 2003 drew particular ire from conservationists, with UNESCO saying the tower would be out of scale and detract visually from the historical monuments.
State tourism authorities responded that the tower, intended to provide unfettered views, would prevent tourists from climbing on fragile pagodas and stupas and damaging them…
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019