Suriyasai: Thaksin's Dubai declaration to topple Mark's government - translated and summarized from Daily News; Column: Politics News; Date: November 24, 2009
[This article was in anticipation of the cancelled early December gathering, but gives some indication of the rhetoric and fears associated with another "final" pro-Thaksin gathering.]
PAD coordinator and acting secretary-general of the New Politics Party reveals the UDD core leaders visited Thaksin at his residence in Dubai and that the Dubai declaration containing the 5 steps is launched aimed at generating chaos in Thailand.
According to Suriyasai, the 5 steps of the plan are
1) The mass gathering of 1,000,000 people
2) The plan to pressure the Abhisit-led government to dissolve parliament by launching UDD mobile protests
3) The plan to wreak chaos in the country if no parliamentary dissolution occurs
4) The plan to continuously denounce General Prem Tinnasulanonda, the Privy Council President and attack the aristocracy-especially during the December 5th celebration period to drag in the Army to be involved and trigger a coup
5) The plan to establish a national reconciliatory government as per Gen. Chavalit Yongjaiyuth’s proposal after this coup. This would give an opportunity for Thaksin to negotiate.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally