From Manager, December 4, 2019
On the small bottles from left to right: Chlorpyrifos, Paraquat, Glyphosate
The three bottle say: The National Committee on Hazardous Substances… The Department of Agriculture… Academics… those are under your control!! Please receive our respects.
Left caption: Three chemicals are dangerous…
On big bottle on the right: Suriya-phosate [Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit’s along with “phosate”]
Right caption:…This one is more dangerous!!!
[Refers to the decision of the National Hazardous Substances Committee (NHSC), headed by Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit, to delay the the enforcement of the ban on paraquat and chlorpyrifos for six months and to allow controlled use of glyphosate.
The cartoon combines Suriya’s name with ‘phosate’ to illustrate that he is more dangerous than the cancer-causing chemicals since he seems to control many organizations that can stall the banning of controversial agricultural chemicals.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out