Sukampol slows down high-speed lines – Democrat-initiated plans require further studies – Bangkok Post, August 22, 2011
…ACM Sukampol said construction of the high-speed lines between Bangkok and Nong Khai and Bangkok and Padang Besar in Malaysia under a joint development framework between Thailand and China, which had earlier been approved by the Democrat-led government, would be put on hold.
He said details of the project, from the terms of joint development agreements to the advantages and commercial viability of all train lines, had to be studied…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally