Vending in Public Space: The Case of Bangkok
[An interesting pdf of the report is available on the site.]
…With respect to poverty reduction during economic recessions, street vending is regarded as a “solution” to unemployment and high cost of living. However, during times of economic progress, street food vending is viewed as a “threat” to orderliness. This dual attitude towards street vendors has been reflected in policies at the national and local levels over the last forty years…
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist