Sneaky passport gangs try new tactic – Bangkok Post, April 11, 2011
…”The gangs are acting like modelling agencies. They do some casting and keep photos of many people,” said Immigration Division 2 commander Preecha Thimamontri.
…If the gang cannot find a match, it will go out and find a person with a face that looks like that of its customer’s.
From public parks to department stores, the gang searches for lookalikes as if it is looking for a promising would-be model or talented star for the entertainment business, he said.
When the gang meets a lookalike, it devises a way to steal his passport, or will perhaps offer to buy it…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out