Singapore’s Failed Occupation – Asia Sentinel, November 1, 2011
…But perhaps there are other reasons that contributed to the no-show. First, a strong police statement served as a useful deterrent in a country where the most obtuse know the police and the courts will jail anybody the government wants jailed.
The police statement, released to the press in advance of the event read: Police received reports that a netizen is instigating the public to stage a protest gathering at Raffles Place on Saturday, 15 October 2011 in support of a similar protest action in New York. Police urge members of the public not to be misled and participate in an unlawful activity…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Getting Jatuporn and Sombat
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016