Singapore’s Failed Occupation – Asia Sentinel, November 1, 2011
…But perhaps there are other reasons that contributed to the no-show. First, a strong police statement served as a useful deterrent in a country where the most obtuse know the police and the courts will jail anybody the government wants jailed.
The police statement, released to the press in advance of the event read: Police received reports that a netizen is instigating the public to stage a protest gathering at Raffles Place on Saturday, 15 October 2011 in support of a similar protest action in New York. Police urge members of the public not to be misled and participate in an unlawful activity…
- Disappearing article on lese majeste
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thai girls
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Gen. Prayuth could dismiss PM Prayuth?
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Thaksin’s Temple: Dhammakaya
- A Win-Win-Win Proposition for Thaksin
- One of the world’s “most lethal terrorists” captured north of Bangkok