Singapore’s Failed Occupation – Asia Sentinel, November 1, 2011
…But perhaps there are other reasons that contributed to the no-show. First, a strong police statement served as a useful deterrent in a country where the most obtuse know the police and the courts will jail anybody the government wants jailed.
The police statement, released to the press in advance of the event read: Police received reports that a netizen is instigating the public to stage a protest gathering at Raffles Place on Saturday, 15 October 2011 in support of a similar protest action in New York. Police urge members of the public not to be misled and participate in an unlawful activity…
- Constitution Day
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- New requirements for long stay visa
- The real reason people are poor
- The U.S. supports IS
- Thaksin still not dead
- Handouts to rural people end up helping who?
- Death by Facebook
- Thailand’s censorship