Singapore Restricts Foreigners – WSJ, July 10, 2012
…Discontent over higher living costs and a widening income gap, which many residents blame on the relatively open immigration policy, has undercut support for the ruling People’s Action Party, which won last year’s general election by the smallest margin ever. According to the Singapore-based Institute of Policy Studies, 52% of voters said immigration was an important issue to them in that election…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Who is the catfish?
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police