Singapore: Murdochian Democracy? – Asia Sentinel, July 22, 2011
Probably the most telling statement the press baron Rupert Murdoch made during his abject mea culpa before the UK Parliament Tuesday was his praise of Singapore, saying “the most open and clear society in the world… is Singapore—the cleanest society you can find anywhere—as every minister is paid at least one million dollars a year and has no temptation to transgress.”
What that statement betrays is that Rupert Murdoch appears to have no basic understanding of either independent journalism or democracy itself…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- Don’t “reform” the police
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- Time to Wake Up Thaksin: Weekly News Magazines, June, 2017