Singapore: Murdochian Democracy? – Asia Sentinel, July 22, 2011
Probably the most telling statement the press baron Rupert Murdoch made during his abject mea culpa before the UK Parliament Tuesday was his praise of Singapore, saying “the most open and clear society in the world… is Singapore—the cleanest society you can find anywhere—as every minister is paid at least one million dollars a year and has no temptation to transgress.”
What that statement betrays is that Rupert Murdoch appears to have no basic understanding of either independent journalism or democracy itself…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Should Obama be involved with the Dhammachayo case?