Singapore Election and the Social Media Effect – The Irrawaddy, April 27, 2011
…With the country’s political media notoriously restricted in its criticism of government and discussion of politics, few outlets exist for Singaporeans to read and express free views on the government. Management of the media is so strong that, in the run up to the election, a number of the country’s key political blogs—such as the hugely popular Temasek Review – were recategorized as media outlets so as to fall under stricter censorship…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- The outrageous denial
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions