Singapore Election and the Social Media Effect – The Irrawaddy, April 27, 2011
…With the country’s political media notoriously restricted in its criticism of government and discussion of politics, few outlets exist for Singaporeans to read and express free views on the government. Management of the media is so strong that, in the run up to the election, a number of the country’s key political blogs—such as the hugely popular Temasek Review – were recategorized as media outlets so as to fall under stricter censorship…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred