Siamese Arabesques: Tales Of The Islamic World With Thai Twists
…Proud of their own culture, one thing they don’t come for is Thai culture. Rarely do Arabs ever step foot inside “infidel” Thai Buddhist temples.
For centuries, and especially in the last few decades, Middle-Eastern traders and travellers, restaurateurs and refugees have left their mark on Thailand, bestowing their cultural, Islamic, architectural, culinary and musical heritage.
Digging deep, Carleton Cole writes about Middle Easterners who have called Thailand a home away from home.
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out