Siamese Arabesques: Tales Of The Islamic World With Thai Twists
…Proud of their own culture, one thing they don’t come for is Thai culture. Rarely do Arabs ever step foot inside “infidel” Thai Buddhist temples.
For centuries, and especially in the last few decades, Middle-Eastern traders and travellers, restaurateurs and refugees have left their mark on Thailand, bestowing their cultural, Islamic, architectural, culinary and musical heritage.
Digging deep, Carleton Cole writes about Middle Easterners who have called Thailand a home away from home.
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- The Bangkok bombs
- Spreading the Photo
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?
- Internal Conflicts
- Article 44 Lives
- Mocking Yingluck
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt Stability, July, 2019