Above: From Thairath, February 11, 2015
Top left, President Xi Jinping says: Provide a loan with high interest
Top right, President Obama says: Stop martial law
Bottom right, Japanese PM Abe says: Return democracy
Mouse man: True friends
Mouse: Shunt the trains carefully
[The cartoon warns the junta government led by PM Prayuth to manage relationships with the international community well lest they cause the trouble to the country.
The mouse man is artist Sia’s caricature of activist Sombat Boongamanong, whose nickname is Nuling (or “mouse”). He always appears at the edge of Sia’s cartoons, often calling for human rights and reform.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out