Above: From Thairath, February 11, 2015
Top left, President Xi Jinping says: Provide a loan with high interest
Top right, President Obama says: Stop martial law
Bottom right, Japanese PM Abe says: Return democracy
Mouse man: True friends
Mouse: Shunt the trains carefully
[The cartoon warns the junta government led by PM Prayuth to manage relationships with the international community well lest they cause the trouble to the country.
The mouse man is artist Sia’s caricature of activist Sombat Boongamanong, whose nickname is Nuling (or “mouse”). He always appears at the edge of Sia’s cartoons, often calling for human rights and reform.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!