Showing love to shophouses – Bangkok Post, September 22, 2011
…Not everyone is enthusiastic.
“Our place is fine the way it is now. Why should we change it?” says the proprietor of the Patkijprasong Dispensary, a century-old Chinese medicine shop in the Tha Tian neighbourhood.
“The Na Phra Lan shops look pretty, but they don’t look authentic anymore,” said the Tha Tian tenant, whose family has run the shop for 110 years.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished