Showing love to shophouses – Bangkok Post, September 22, 2011
…Not everyone is enthusiastic.
“Our place is fine the way it is now. Why should we change it?” says the proprietor of the Patkijprasong Dispensary, a century-old Chinese medicine shop in the Tha Tian neighbourhood.
“The Na Phra Lan shops look pretty, but they don’t look authentic anymore,” said the Tha Tian tenant, whose family has run the shop for 110 years.
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out