Showing love to shophouses – Bangkok Post, September 22, 2011
…Not everyone is enthusiastic.
“Our place is fine the way it is now. Why should we change it?” says the proprietor of the Patkijprasong Dispensary, a century-old Chinese medicine shop in the Tha Tian neighbourhood.
“The Na Phra Lan shops look pretty, but they don’t look authentic anymore,” said the Tha Tian tenant, whose family has run the shop for 110 years.
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- The Hopewell Project
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Traffic Jams in Laos
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Nana Intersection in the Past
- Thai govt finally revealing huge losses incurred by rice pledging scheme-why not reveal who received the payments?