Showing love to shophouses – Bangkok Post, September 22, 2011
…Not everyone is enthusiastic.
“Our place is fine the way it is now. Why should we change it?” says the proprietor of the Patkijprasong Dispensary, a century-old Chinese medicine shop in the Tha Tian neighbourhood.
“The Na Phra Lan shops look pretty, but they don’t look authentic anymore,” said the Tha Tian tenant, whose family has run the shop for 110 years.
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees