Student deaths stir anger in insurgency-hit Thai south – AFP, November 5, 2013
…Villagers wearily accept they are powerless to hold to account the militants, who target Thai forces, or people perceived to be working for the authorities but they demand justice when civilians are killed by police and soldiers.
The kingdom’s security forces have faced allegations of abuses ranging from arbitrary detentions and torture to killings of civilians.
Yet none has been successfully prosecuted in the near-decade of fighting.
An inquest in August showed that although Lookman, Samree and Ismael were not suspects they were still shot several times – including in the back – by policemen and soldiers who “could not separate who was who”…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking