Student deaths stir anger in insurgency-hit Thai south – AFP, November 5, 2013
…Villagers wearily accept they are powerless to hold to account the militants, who target Thai forces, or people perceived to be working for the authorities but they demand justice when civilians are killed by police and soldiers.
The kingdom’s security forces have faced allegations of abuses ranging from arbitrary detentions and torture to killings of civilians.
Yet none has been successfully prosecuted in the near-decade of fighting.
An inquest in August showed that although Lookman, Samree and Ismael were not suspects they were still shot several times – including in the back – by policemen and soldiers who “could not separate who was who”…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Thanks for the hug, Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?