SEAPA Report: Thai journos victimized as political and economic wind blows towards censorship – SEAPA/IFEX, October 13, 2011
…In the last decade, Matichon was not the only strong critic of Thaksin that has been attacked by his clique of political and business interests during his tenure as Prime minister between 2001 and 2006. Other media outlets such as the Nation Multimedia Group, which publishes The Nation, the Post Publishing Group, which publishes Bangkok Post and Manager Media Group had a fair share of business backlash by Thaksin’s manipulation of commercial and political pressures and lawsuits.
…Prasong’s departure from Matichon Group, whose reputation for investigative journalism he helped build in the past 25 years, was seen as the last straw in the group’s business struggle to survive. Prasong’s piece that raised questions about Yingluck’s court testimony in Thaksin’s alleged asset concealment case was not allowed to go to print…
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The 2006 Coup in Thailand
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- 57 Years Ago: Sarit deposes Phibul