SEAPA Report: Thai journos victimized as political and economic wind blows towards censorship – SEAPA/IFEX, October 13, 2011
…In the last decade, Matichon was not the only strong critic of Thaksin that has been attacked by his clique of political and business interests during his tenure as Prime minister between 2001 and 2006. Other media outlets such as the Nation Multimedia Group, which publishes The Nation, the Post Publishing Group, which publishes Bangkok Post and Manager Media Group had a fair share of business backlash by Thaksin’s manipulation of commercial and political pressures and lawsuits.
…Prasong’s departure from Matichon Group, whose reputation for investigative journalism he helped build in the past 25 years, was seen as the last straw in the group’s business struggle to survive. Prasong’s piece that raised questions about Yingluck’s court testimony in Thaksin’s alleged asset concealment case was not allowed to go to print…
- 8 Years Ago: Has Thaksin really quit politics?
- 12 Years Ago: Purachai book ‘outrages’ TRT faithful
- 12 Years Ago: Thai Rak Thai vows 2004 is a “golden year” for Thailand to move up on par with Singapore, Korea and Taiwan
- 10 Years Ago: As TRT falters, Chalerm sees an opportunity
- Weekly News Magazines, December 4-11, 2015
- The ambassador takes on lese majeste
- “You…ugly American you.. go home!!”
- Betrayal Pig
- Coconut Shell Land
- New York Times retracts claims about crime wave in Thailand
- Roasted Pork Democrat Party