SEAPA Report: Thai journos victimized as political and economic wind blows towards censorship – SEAPA/IFEX, October 13, 2011
…In the last decade, Matichon was not the only strong critic of Thaksin that has been attacked by his clique of political and business interests during his tenure as Prime minister between 2001 and 2006. Other media outlets such as the Nation Multimedia Group, which publishes The Nation, the Post Publishing Group, which publishes Bangkok Post and Manager Media Group had a fair share of business backlash by Thaksin’s manipulation of commercial and political pressures and lawsuits.
…Prasong’s departure from Matichon Group, whose reputation for investigative journalism he helped build in the past 25 years, was seen as the last straw in the group’s business struggle to survive. Prasong’s piece that raised questions about Yingluck’s court testimony in Thaksin’s alleged asset concealment case was not allowed to go to print…
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Thai govt subsidies add cars in one of world’s most congested countries
- CIA deputy director linked to torture at Thailand black site