Sathorn Road pavilion – January 8, 2011
Wesley writes: …here’s a snapshot of the new weird bridge-like pavilion that the BMA is building atop the Sathorn-Narathiwat intersection, taken from my 28th floor office in Empire Tower. It’s some kind of pedestrian crossing combined with an open space in the middle beneath a false bridge arch (the arch is decorative rather than supportive). My best guess is that they’re going to create a rentable pavilion space for events, since such spaces command premium rental fees in Bangkok (Paragon, Central Chidlom, etc) and there are none on Sathorn. But that’s just a guess.
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals