Sathorn Road pavilion – January 8, 2011
Wesley writes: …here’s a snapshot of the new weird bridge-like pavilion that the BMA is building atop the Sathorn-Narathiwat intersection, taken from my 28th floor office in Empire Tower. It’s some kind of pedestrian crossing combined with an open space in the middle beneath a false bridge arch (the arch is decorative rather than supportive). My best guess is that they’re going to create a rentable pavilion space for events, since such spaces command premium rental fees in Bangkok (Paragon, Central Chidlom, etc) and there are none on Sathorn. But that’s just a guess.
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow