Sathorn Road pavilion – January 8, 2011
Wesley writes: …here’s a snapshot of the new weird bridge-like pavilion that the BMA is building atop the Sathorn-Narathiwat intersection, taken from my 28th floor office in Empire Tower. It’s some kind of pedestrian crossing combined with an open space in the middle beneath a false bridge arch (the arch is decorative rather than supportive). My best guess is that they’re going to create a rentable pavilion space for events, since such spaces command premium rental fees in Bangkok (Paragon, Central Chidlom, etc) and there are none on Sathorn. But that’s just a guess.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work