Sathorn Road pavilion – January 8, 2011
Wesley writes: …here’s a snapshot of the new weird bridge-like pavilion that the BMA is building atop the Sathorn-Narathiwat intersection, taken from my 28th floor office in Empire Tower. It’s some kind of pedestrian crossing combined with an open space in the middle beneath a false bridge arch (the arch is decorative rather than supportive). My best guess is that they’re going to create a rentable pavilion space for events, since such spaces command premium rental fees in Bangkok (Paragon, Central Chidlom, etc) and there are none on Sathorn. But that’s just a guess.
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees