Sathorn Road pavilion – January 8, 2011
Wesley writes: …here’s a snapshot of the new weird bridge-like pavilion that the BMA is building atop the Sathorn-Narathiwat intersection, taken from my 28th floor office in Empire Tower. It’s some kind of pedestrian crossing combined with an open space in the middle beneath a false bridge arch (the arch is decorative rather than supportive). My best guess is that they’re going to create a rentable pavilion space for events, since such spaces command premium rental fees in Bangkok (Paragon, Central Chidlom, etc) and there are none on Sathorn. But that’s just a guess.
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Top Red Shirts join with the military
- Chinese cartoonist
- They messed up the country
- The burning parties