City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- 12 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing anger and boldness
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- 13 Years Ago: Debating the Sukhothai Stone
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- 12 years ago: Going after Akeyuth
- 13 years ago: Mad scramble as Thai police fight for 10 million dollar reward for capturing top al-Qaeda figure
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Prayuth and his elders
- Which charter do the people really want?