City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- 23 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- Six Years Ago: The Forgotten Siege of Bangkok
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Thai hairstyles of the past
- 23 Years Ago: Black May – Censorship issue of the Bangkok Post
- Chakri Memorial Day
- 5 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to their Rally
- Coronation Day
- Five Years Ago: Clash at Kok Wua Intersection
- 5 Years Ago: Burning Bangkok
- 5 Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks