City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- 23 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 23 Years Ago: Black May – Censorship issue of the Bangkok Post
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 5 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to their Rally
- Coronation Day
- 5 Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- 5 Years Ago: Burning Bangkok
- 22 Years Ago: Bart Simpson and the Kader fire
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park