City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- Nine Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- Eight Years Ago: Thaksin’s World – Coming full circle from Black May
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- William L Monson vs Thaksin
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- Ploughing Day