City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Missing Marker and Thai Democracy
- Get your gas from a demon