City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- 12 Years Ago: Purachai book ‘outrages’ TRT faithful
- 12 Years Ago: Thai Rak Thai vows 2004 is a “golden year” for Thailand to move up on par with Singapore, Korea and Taiwan
- 10 Years Ago: As TRT falters, Chalerm sees an opportunity
- Betrayal Pig
- Coconut Shell Land
- Roasted Pork Democrat Party
- New York Times retracts claims about crime wave in Thailand
- Perspective of Escaping
- How to hide Rajabhkti Park? Editorial cartoons from Thai newspapers
- Three options after the election in 2017
- Blowback: The Dangerous White Crow