City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- Disappearing article on lese majeste
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thaksin’s public beatings
- Gen. Prayuth could dismiss PM Prayuth?
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thaksin – The Business of Politics in Thailand
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Why foreigners criticize Thai people who speak “Siamese Talk”
- Anonymous Posters at Thammasat University
- WOW! Thailand’s first tunnel under the Chao Phraya River is underway
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam