City restores Thai King’s bronze elephant gift – thanhniennews.com, June 24, 2012
…the statue… is a gift given to the city by Thai King Rama VII after his first visit to the city in 1930.
The statue, which weighs over one ton and is 1.5 meter tall, was transported and installed at the zoo in 1935.
The king also gifted two statues to Singapore and Indonesia the same year…
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully