From Manager, August 30, 2017
Caption: Kill to make merit.
[This shows PM Prayuth sacrificing reformer Pongporn Pramsaneh and offering this sacrifice to the Buddhist orthodoxy.
Pongporn had vigorous moved to clean up the murky finances of Thailand’s various Buddhist movements, leading to consternation and controversy who feared that openly confronting these issues would damage Buddhism.
Pongporn’s sacking is yet another blow to those who had hoped that the absolute power of the junta could be used to tackle issues that would never be touched during times of democratically elected governments. It also likely indicates that the junta is looking towards a post-election future for itself and does not wish to further alienate power bases in the country.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- The rich man is not full yet
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die