From Manager, August 30, 2017
Caption: Kill to make merit.
[This shows PM Prayuth sacrificing reformer Pongporn Pramsaneh and offering this sacrifice to the Buddhist orthodoxy.
Pongporn had vigorous moved to clean up the murky finances of Thailand’s various Buddhist movements, leading to consternation and controversy who feared that openly confronting these issues would damage Buddhism.
Pongporn’s sacking is yet another blow to those who had hoped that the absolute power of the junta could be used to tackle issues that would never be touched during times of democratically elected governments. It also likely indicates that the junta is looking towards a post-election future for itself and does not wish to further alienate power bases in the country.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Not Richard Mille
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter