From ThaiRath, July 18, 2011
Cartoon caption: Sacrifice for starving stomachs [means the very rich should sacrifice to implement the 300-baht daily minimum wage for those in need]
At left a farmer is holding a sign that reads: Farmers grow poorer forever as rice traders grow richer.
Yingluck Shinawatra’s right hand is holding the hand of the man whose shirt reads “Laborer.” This man says: It’s not enough to survive on.
Yingluck’s left hand is taking money from the pocket of a man whose shirt reads “Feudal entrepreneur” [sort of like a medieval landlord] and his pocket reads: 300-baht minimum wage
This man is holding a big bag that reads: Growing rich on the sweat and labor of others.
Left mouse says: We want justice.
Right mouse is holding a sign that reads: Release the UDD prisoners.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally