From ThaiRath, July 18, 2011
Cartoon caption: Sacrifice for starving stomachs [means the very rich should sacrifice to implement the 300-baht daily minimum wage for those in need]
At left a farmer is holding a sign that reads: Farmers grow poorer forever as rice traders grow richer.
Yingluck Shinawatra’s right hand is holding the hand of the man whose shirt reads “Laborer.” This man says: It’s not enough to survive on.
Yingluck’s left hand is taking money from the pocket of a man whose shirt reads “Feudal entrepreneur” [sort of like a medieval landlord] and his pocket reads: 300-baht minimum wage
This man is holding a big bag that reads: Growing rich on the sweat and labor of others.
Left mouse says: We want justice.
Right mouse is holding a sign that reads: Release the UDD prisoners.
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting