With the government reneging on conducting public hearings on its reconciliation bills and being pressured by dissatisfaction from Red Shirts and former Thai Rak Thai execs demanding cabinet posts, a lightning quick passage of some form of bill that creates a blanket pardon will be crucial.
Tonight’s surprise attempt by the House Speaker to speed up the debate and voting on these bills is typical of this strategy. It was met with a physical response from the opposition as they rushed to stop the speaker from ramming through the measure.
- Constitution Day
- The King’s Birthday
- Eight Years Ago: Airport Seized
- 7 years ago: Thaksin to receive $425 per month as Hun Sen advisor
- The real reason people are poor
- The U.S. supports IS
- Handouts to rural people end up helping who?
- Death by Facebook
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time