With the government reneging on conducting public hearings on its reconciliation bills and being pressured by dissatisfaction from Red Shirts and former Thai Rak Thai execs demanding cabinet posts, a lightning quick passage of some form of bill that creates a blanket pardon will be crucial.
Tonight’s surprise attempt by the House Speaker to speed up the debate and voting on these bills is typical of this strategy. It was met with a physical response from the opposition as they rushed to stop the speaker from ramming through the measure.
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Riches from hardship
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Thai govt subsidies add cars in one of world’s most congested countries