Rumblings in the Bangkok underground – Bangkok Post, May 16, 2011
…The party which controls the Transport Ministry wants someone it can trust to sit in the top job at the MRTA. Mr Prapas has more experience in overseeing the agency but he is seen as a candidate affiliated with Pheu Thai Party. Bhumjaithai hasn’t forgotten that he ran in an election for Bangkok governor in 2008 under the banner of the People Power Party, the predecessor of Pheu Thai.
…The MRTA will be responsible for construction bids of all the lines under its responsibility. That should be enough to shed light on why the party wants to keep this agency under its control…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit