Rumblings in the Bangkok underground – Bangkok Post, May 16, 2011
…The party which controls the Transport Ministry wants someone it can trust to sit in the top job at the MRTA. Mr Prapas has more experience in overseeing the agency but he is seen as a candidate affiliated with Pheu Thai Party. Bhumjaithai hasn’t forgotten that he ran in an election for Bangkok governor in 2008 under the banner of the People Power Party, the predecessor of Pheu Thai.
…The MRTA will be responsible for construction bids of all the lines under its responsibility. That should be enough to shed light on why the party wants to keep this agency under its control…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand