Rumblings in the Bangkok underground – Bangkok Post, May 16, 2011
…The party which controls the Transport Ministry wants someone it can trust to sit in the top job at the MRTA. Mr Prapas has more experience in overseeing the agency but he is seen as a candidate affiliated with Pheu Thai Party. Bhumjaithai hasn’t forgotten that he ran in an election for Bangkok governor in 2008 under the banner of the People Power Party, the predecessor of Pheu Thai.
…The MRTA will be responsible for construction bids of all the lines under its responsibility. That should be enough to shed light on why the party wants to keep this agency under its control…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter