Apichatpong Weerasethakul: Primitive – NYT, May 28, 2011
…The exhibition’s main attraction, a quartet of loops projected on four different walls in the gallery’s central space, is less readily comprehensible. The longest piece, at 28 minutes, is “Making of the Spaceship,” which takes place in a rural village. Scenes of boys devising plans and beginning to build an orb-shaped construction of wood planking over a metal armature are interspersed with views of ordinary life. Though not explained in the film, the exhibition catalog tells us that they are creating a time-traveling machine…
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- 57 Years Ago: Sarit deposes Phibul