Apichatpong Weerasethakul: Primitive – NYT, May 28, 2011
…The exhibition’s main attraction, a quartet of loops projected on four different walls in the gallery’s central space, is less readily comprehensible. The longest piece, at 28 minutes, is “Making of the Spaceship,” which takes place in a rural village. Scenes of boys devising plans and beginning to build an orb-shaped construction of wood planking over a metal armature are interspersed with views of ordinary life. Though not explained in the film, the exhibition catalog tells us that they are creating a time-traveling machine…
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!