Apichatpong Weerasethakul: Primitive – NYT, May 28, 2011
…The exhibition’s main attraction, a quartet of loops projected on four different walls in the gallery’s central space, is less readily comprehensible. The longest piece, at 28 minutes, is “Making of the Spaceship,” which takes place in a rural village. Scenes of boys devising plans and beginning to build an orb-shaped construction of wood planking over a metal armature are interspersed with views of ordinary life. Though not explained in the film, the exhibition catalog tells us that they are creating a time-traveling machine…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists