Royal Ploughing Ceremony: Good harvest, abundant food predicted – Bangkok Post, May 13, 2011
…The oxen were each then offered seven bowls of food and their choices were used to make predictions.
The seven bowls held grass, paddy, maize, sesame seeds, soy bean, water and liquor.
The oxen ate grass, an omen that the country would enjoy an average water supply, plentiful rice harvests and an abundance of fruits and staple foods this year.
The oxen also drank liquor, indicating that communications would be convenient, foreign trade would flourish and the economy would prosper…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- Last minute wooing
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- The Bangkok bombs
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019