Royal Ploughing Ceremony: Good harvest, abundant food predicted – Bangkok Post, May 13, 2011
…The oxen were each then offered seven bowls of food and their choices were used to make predictions.
The seven bowls held grass, paddy, maize, sesame seeds, soy bean, water and liquor.
The oxen ate grass, an omen that the country would enjoy an average water supply, plentiful rice harvests and an abundance of fruits and staple foods this year.
The oxen also drank liquor, indicating that communications would be convenient, foreign trade would flourish and the economy would prosper…
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- Same allies, different kingpin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out