Royal Ploughing Ceremony: Good harvest, abundant food predicted – Bangkok Post, May 13, 2011
…The oxen were each then offered seven bowls of food and their choices were used to make predictions.
The seven bowls held grass, paddy, maize, sesame seeds, soy bean, water and liquor.
The oxen ate grass, an omen that the country would enjoy an average water supply, plentiful rice harvests and an abundance of fruits and staple foods this year.
The oxen also drank liquor, indicating that communications would be convenient, foreign trade would flourish and the economy would prosper…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die