Royal Ploughing Ceremony: Good harvest, abundant food predicted – Bangkok Post, May 13, 2011
…The oxen were each then offered seven bowls of food and their choices were used to make predictions.
The seven bowls held grass, paddy, maize, sesame seeds, soy bean, water and liquor.
The oxen ate grass, an omen that the country would enjoy an average water supply, plentiful rice harvests and an abundance of fruits and staple foods this year.
The oxen also drank liquor, indicating that communications would be convenient, foreign trade would flourish and the economy would prosper…
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018