Rotting In The Bangkok Hilton: The Gruesome True Story of a Man Who Survived Thailand’s Deadliest Prison – seattlepi.com, June 19, 2012
…The prison food was so bad that the huge rat population would not even eat it. The inmates were fed twice a day with some rice and “soup.” The rice was boll-weevil infested, and the soup was made out of remnants from a local slaughterhouse that were so hideous that I will refrain from even describing it. Allow my previous mention of the fact that rats would not touch it to suffice as explanation of just how decayed and horrid the stuff was. All of the available water was basically untreated sewage…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions