Rival of revellers rides again – Bangkok Post, March 27, 2011
…Around the same time popular DJ Paul Oakenfold came to town and performed at Muang Thong Thani. His concerts are big dance events, but a few hours before the concert police turned up at the venue demanding seats be laid out. Thus, thousands of would-be dancers had to sit on rows of hard seats watching a DJ spinning CDs on stage!
Such an atmosphere led to the unspeakable. Nerdy places like Jakarta–of all places!–became more sanook than Bangkok. Even deadly dull Singapore’s reputation flipped; a few years prior, Bangkok was the party capital and Singapore was for people whose idea of fun was a group tour taking in popular libraries and statues. That all changed…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying