- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
Risk the Trampling
From Komchadluek, December 7, 2010
Left: The reason of postponing the [Red Shirt] talk show from December 5th is that [they] don't want to change the name [of the talk show].
Middle: Changing from the name "Won non kook" [Jail Me Dude] to what?
Right: "Won Done Tueb" [Risk the Trampling]
[The cartoon is about the talk show of Sombat Boongamanong (above), a Red Shirt activist, who scheduled a talk show on stage on December 5 and 6. December 5th is the the King's birthday and father's day--a national holiday to show respect for the King and one's father. Holding an event challenging Thai institutions on this date would be seen as impolite to traditional Thai institutions.
Under intense pressure--particularly from the moderate factions of the Reds and Thaksin supporters who are trying to show that they are loyal to the monarchy--the show on December 5 was cancelled.
The gag in the cartoon is that if the talk show was not cancelled, people would see it as showing disrespect to the King and would trample those behind the show.]