Review: Jokes fly, but don’t travel well, in ‘Lost in Thailand’ – LA Times, February 10, 2013
…A Thai cabdriver declares the Chinese are always in a hurry, to which Xu fires back that Thai people are lazy, and that’s about as sophisticated as the film’s cultural crossover gets. There is an in-passing punch line reference to abortion that one would certainly never find in a mainstream American film. Overall, however, “Lost in Thailand” points out how even in our global, tech-connected world, individual cultures maintain an idiosyncratic specificity in their tastes for comedy. In this way, our small world is still a big, funny place.
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash