Rethinking Thailand’s war on methamphetamines – IRIN, January 13, 2014
…A 2013 report by the British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS found that drug abuse and corruption is also widespread among Thai police, and is affecting the country’s war against drugs.
Many drug users claim they have had drugs planted on them, have been beaten, or forced to take an unlawful urine test, or have had to pay a bribe to police officers, who have also been known to sexually assault female drug users, advocates claim…
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017