From Thairath, February 23, 2014
Title: Respect my speech
General Prayuth Chan-ocha: Adhere to the constitution, respect the law and no coup d’état.
On a shield hold by Yingluck: Government will protect democracy.
Phi Nooring: respect P Tu’s speech. [referring to the nickname of General Prayuth]
A mouse: Bring the happiness back to Bangkok.
At left, on the the judge’s cloak: Injustice, support a mob
Suthep is on his shoulders and on his shoulders is the monk Luang Pu Buddha Issara holding bag on which is written: compensation
On the gun is a bag on which is written: Popcorn [this refers to the suspected military men who carried guns disguised with popcorn bags and who protected anti-government protesters during a Red Shirt attack at Lak Si]
[The cartoon points out that anti-government groups have called for a coup d’état to overthrow the Yingluck government. However, Gen. Prayuth, whose nickname is Tu, has often said that the military’s position was to stage a coup. However, most susupect that the military is not impartial and is pressuring the government at every trun. Here the cartoonist says we should take General Prayuth at his word and respect the law.]
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- They did not violate the law
- Songkran alcohol warning
- Hopewell was a great investment
- Thanathorn must learn from Thaksin