From Thairath, December 19, 2015
Title: Must open war… to conquer the children’s evils
Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is protecting children from evil hands, on which is written: drugs, benefiting from cram schools, clubs and alcoholic beverage, failure of the education system, violence, harassment, brawl between vocational school students, labor abuse
[This is part of the building of the cult of personality for Thaksin as well as justification of the mass killing of drug suspects. While this portrayal of a politician might not seem out of the ordinary, in the Thai world it was a big change from the traditional political class that was keen to show it was focusing on its coalition partners and their needs–rather than reaching out to the people themselves.]
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred
- Weekly News Magazines: Mother of the Land, August 10-17, 2018