From Thairath, December 19, 2015
Title: Must open war… to conquer the children’s evils
Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is protecting children from evil hands, on which is written: drugs, benefiting from cram schools, clubs and alcoholic beverage, failure of the education system, violence, harassment, brawl between vocational school students, labor abuse
[This is part of the building of the cult of personality for Thaksin as well as justification of the mass killing of drug suspects. While this portrayal of a politician might not seem out of the ordinary, in the Thai world it was a big change from the traditional political class that was keen to show it was focusing on its coalition partners and their needs–rather than reaching out to the people themselves.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work