From Thairath, December 19, 2015
Title: Must open war… to conquer the children’s evils
Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is protecting children from evil hands, on which is written: drugs, benefiting from cram schools, clubs and alcoholic beverage, failure of the education system, violence, harassment, brawl between vocational school students, labor abuse
[This is part of the building of the cult of personality for Thaksin as well as justification of the mass killing of drug suspects. While this portrayal of a politician might not seem out of the ordinary, in the Thai world it was a big change from the traditional political class that was keen to show it was focusing on its coalition partners and their needs–rather than reaching out to the people themselves.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Divorcing Prayuth