Red shirts split at seams – Bangkok Post, November 7, 2011
…However, the bickering among red shirt members in Phayao and Phrae shows that they are not united as many would like to believe. In fact, relations are very fragile. When it comes to local issues, the UDD members upcountry and those in Bangkok are ready to split, since each group’s own interests come first before anything else.
What has happened could give the anti-red groups an idea as to how the UDD could be weakened. It might all be very simple _ just try to organise as many local elections as possible. Let the reds fight against each other for positions in the tambon and provincial administration organisations. There’s every likelihood this will work.
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- New York Times corrects opinion article about Thailand
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Takeover of Matichon and the Bangkok Post
- Bangkok Mass Transit of the Future 2005
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Bart Simpson and the Kader fire
- Lucky number license plates for sale
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Analysis: The strange editorial about Thai politics in the New York Times