Red shirts split at seams – Bangkok Post, November 7, 2011
…However, the bickering among red shirt members in Phayao and Phrae shows that they are not united as many would like to believe. In fact, relations are very fragile. When it comes to local issues, the UDD members upcountry and those in Bangkok are ready to split, since each group’s own interests come first before anything else.
What has happened could give the anti-red groups an idea as to how the UDD could be weakened. It might all be very simple _ just try to organise as many local elections as possible. Let the reds fight against each other for positions in the tambon and provincial administration organisations. There’s every likelihood this will work.
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- The 2006 Coup in Thailand
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006