Red shirts split at seams – Bangkok Post, November 7, 2011
…However, the bickering among red shirt members in Phayao and Phrae shows that they are not united as many would like to believe. In fact, relations are very fragile. When it comes to local issues, the UDD members upcountry and those in Bangkok are ready to split, since each group’s own interests come first before anything else.
What has happened could give the anti-red groups an idea as to how the UDD could be weakened. It might all be very simple–just try to organise as many local elections as possible. Let the reds fight against each other for positions in the tambon and provincial administration organisations. There’s every likelihood this will work.
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?