Thai Red Shirt sentenced over royal seating claim – AFP, July 10, 2012
…In court Mr Abhisit successfully argued that since the chair had been provided by the royal household, his sitting on it could not be seen as a mark of disrespect.
‘The court finds the defendant did not honestly criticise the plaintiff,’ the judge said, adding that Jatuporn had been an opposition MP for the now-ruling Pheu Thai party at the time, and that his comments had ‘political motivation…’
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out