* For those of you would like to know about how present events are just one in a series of mini-civil conflicts that happen in Thailand every 10-15 years, get a copy of Democracy, Shaken and Stirred. This book is most notable to non-Thais for expressing the very Thai sensibility towards protest and politics.
* Also Chronicle of Thailand which is a pictorial history of Thai news since 1946.
* David Murray's Angels and Devils is a very detailed account of the machinations of party politics that surrounded the coup and subsequent events of 1991-1992 gleaned from newspapers. It is kind of a pre-internet version of 2Bangkok.com. It appears to be out of print, but occasionally a copy can be found on ebay.
Pklykoom writes: Thought it might be worth noting that Murray's book is still available from Orchid Press and have always shown up at the publisher's booth during past book fairs.
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Beating Opponents
- The Bangkok bombs
- Napoleon pig… is in every era
- Fighting for seats
- Spreading the Photo
- Principles distinguish a human from a cockroach
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?