Rangoon Residents Avoid Water Festival Due to Bomb Fear – The Irrawaddy, April 11, 2011
…The deadly bomb blasts last April took place near the X20 water-throwing pavilion by Rangoon’s Kandawgyi Lake. A senior military officer was amongst those killed, and some residents believe it was an unsuccessful attempt by militant dissidents to assassinate Nay Shwe Thwe Aung, the grandson of Snr-Gen Than Shwe.
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Red Protests – May 25-26, 2010
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Three Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- 21 Years Ago: Black May