Thais Seek a Little Magic Help to Ward Off Devastating Floods – WSJ, September 27, 2012
[Thanks to Don for pointing this out.]
…Recently, hundreds of residents gathered at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakorn Pathom province, 40 kilometers west of Bangkok, to receive talismans that they believe have divine power to protect them and their belongings from flooding. The temple has been handing out talismans – pieces of white cloth filled with cabalistic writing – for free periodically since August as the annual rainy season arrived…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit