Thais Seek a Little Magic Help to Ward Off Devastating Floods – WSJ, September 27, 2012
[Thanks to Don for pointing this out.]
…Recently, hundreds of residents gathered at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakorn Pathom province, 40 kilometers west of Bangkok, to receive talismans that they believe have divine power to protect them and their belongings from flooding. The temple has been handing out talismans – pieces of white cloth filled with cabalistic writing – for free periodically since August as the annual rainy season arrived…
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- China supports the junta?
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Election Delay, January, 2019
- Pheu Thai’s heart
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- Politicians can’t wait to help people
- Thaksin can no longer sue
- Who did France copy?