Thais Seek a Little Magic Help to Ward Off Devastating Floods – WSJ, September 27, 2012
[Thanks to Don for pointing this out.]
…Recently, hundreds of residents gathered at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakorn Pathom province, 40 kilometers west of Bangkok, to receive talismans that they believe have divine power to protect them and their belongings from flooding. The temple has been handing out talismans – pieces of white cloth filled with cabalistic writing – for free periodically since August as the annual rainy season arrived…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter