Thais Seek a Little Magic Help to Ward Off Devastating Floods – WSJ, September 27, 2012
[Thanks to Don for pointing this out.]
…Recently, hundreds of residents gathered at Wat Sawang Arom in Nakorn Pathom province, 40 kilometers west of Bangkok, to receive talismans that they believe have divine power to protect them and their belongings from flooding. The temple has been handing out talismans – pieces of white cloth filled with cabalistic writing – for free periodically since August as the annual rainy season arrived…
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist
- Top Red Shirts join with the military