[“Hiding under his wife’s skirt” or “hide behind her blouse” is a Thai idiom that means shielding oneself with the support of a powerful female. This is insulting to the man as it implies he is weak.
Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, whose nickname is Tong (it means a “big cock” in Thai), is believed to be trusted and supported by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.
Recently, amid the speculation on another cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Yingluck insisted Mr. Kittiratt would stay in his position.
This is an unusually bold move for an apparently powerless, puppet prime minister. Even her brother, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, has expressed dissatisfaction with the government’s economic management team.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work