[“Hiding under his wife’s skirt” or “hide behind her blouse” is a Thai idiom that means shielding oneself with the support of a powerful female. This is insulting to the man as it implies he is weak.
Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, whose nickname is Tong (it means a “big cock” in Thai), is believed to be trusted and supported by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.
Recently, amid the speculation on another cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Yingluck insisted Mr. Kittiratt would stay in his position.
This is an unusually bold move for an apparently powerless, puppet prime minister. Even her brother, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, has expressed dissatisfaction with the government’s economic management team.]
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- There will always be coups
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019