No deal behind Thailand’s polls – atimes, January 30, 2014
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…Establishment negotiators have offered in exchange to suspend scrutiny of Thaksin’s and his family’s assets for one year, a delay that would allow Thaksin’s and his former wife Pojaman’s Damapong family members to liquidate their assets before fleeing into exile, informed sources claim. An establishment overture conveyed by intermediary former deputy prime minister Suwat Liptapanlop offered Thaksin discretion over a minority of the proposed council’s appointments. That offer was rescinded in the wake of the January 17 grenade attack on a PDRC march, according to a mediator familiar with the situation.
Unlike the deal before the 2011 elections, the now military-led establishment is offering Thaksin only lose-lose propositions…
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- There will always be coups
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019