No deal behind Thailand’s polls – atimes, January 30, 2014
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…Establishment negotiators have offered in exchange to suspend scrutiny of Thaksin’s and his family’s assets for one year, a delay that would allow Thaksin’s and his former wife Pojaman’s Damapong family members to liquidate their assets before fleeing into exile, informed sources claim. An establishment overture conveyed by intermediary former deputy prime minister Suwat Liptapanlop offered Thaksin discretion over a minority of the proposed council’s appointments. That offer was rescinded in the wake of the January 17 grenade attack on a PDRC march, according to a mediator familiar with the situation.
Unlike the deal before the 2011 elections, the now military-led establishment is offering Thaksin only lose-lose propositions…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work