Prayuth: Article 44 Not Enough to Tackle EU Sanctions – Khaosod, April 24, 2015
…Over the past few days, Thai government officials have told reporters that Gen. Prayuth will solve the issue by invoking Article 44 of the interim charter, which grants him essentially unchecked power to issue new laws.
…”I cannot use Article 44 to solve every problem,” Gen. Prayuth said in a videotaped speech that will air on Friday night. “I cannot use it to solve expensive lemons, or to solve the economy … Article 44 is for allowing military officers to do what they could not do in the past. Now they can help them [police]. That’s the point…”
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings