Prayuth: Article 44 Not Enough to Tackle EU Sanctions – Khaosod, April 24, 2015
…Over the past few days, Thai government officials have told reporters that Gen. Prayuth will solve the issue by invoking Article 44 of the interim charter, which grants him essentially unchecked power to issue new laws.
…”I cannot use Article 44 to solve every problem,” Gen. Prayuth said in a videotaped speech that will air on Friday night. “I cannot use it to solve expensive lemons, or to solve the economy … Article 44 is for allowing military officers to do what they could not do in the past. Now they can help them [police]. That’s the point…”
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally