Prayuth: Article 44 Not Enough to Tackle EU Sanctions – Khaosod, April 24, 2015
…Over the past few days, Thai government officials have told reporters that Gen. Prayuth will solve the issue by invoking Article 44 of the interim charter, which grants him essentially unchecked power to issue new laws.
…”I cannot use Article 44 to solve every problem,” Gen. Prayuth said in a videotaped speech that will air on Friday night. “I cannot use it to solve expensive lemons, or to solve the economy … Article 44 is for allowing military officers to do what they could not do in the past. Now they can help them [police]. That’s the point…”
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- It’s a charade
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- America first… World last
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- More on police buying their promtions
- Abhisit for leader!