[This refers to how elected Prime Minister Thaksin and now military junta leader Prayuth both have worked to restrict freedom of the press. The bird represents the press.
The cartoon portrays a notorious incident from Thaksin’s time as prime minister when he started using an “X” paddle to refuse to answer questions he did not like (Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign). The current regime has pushed restrictive licensing rules for media which many see as a dangerous return to the past when the media had much less freedom.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Sorry for using excessive force
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in