[This refers to how elected Prime Minister Thaksin and now military junta leader Prayuth both have worked to restrict freedom of the press. The bird represents the press.
The cartoon portrays a notorious incident from Thaksin’s time as prime minister when he started using an “X” paddle to refuse to answer questions he did not like (Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign). The current regime has pushed restrictive licensing rules for media which many see as a dangerous return to the past when the media had much less freedom.]
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Riches from hardship
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!