From Thairath, April 29, 2012
The cartoon title reads: On top in Thailand at this time.
Upper left: The shopping mall that sells the most expensive mobile phones! [the drawing is of a prison and refers to the raids that showed that many prison inmates have mobile phones provided at great cost by prison guards]
Upper middle: The most favored export food among neighboring countries! [showing dogs in cages destined for Vietnam]
Upper right: The most favored medicine that hospitals stock up on!
On the bottle: Cough relief — with pseudoephedrine
[refers to the scandal of hospitals providing supplies to makers of methamphetamine]
Lower left: The slum that made the news with the most scandals! [showing the parliament building where an endless number of scandalous incidents have taken place, such as pornographic images appearing on TV monitors in the chamber and MPs voting for colleagues who are not there]
Lower middle: The highest-rated soap opera! [referring to the meeting between Yingluck and Thaksin arch enemy Prem]
Lower right: The most disgraceful rape-fest performed by the largest crowd! [the cartoon shows people lining up at Democracy Monument in a rush to amend the constitution and thus to “rape” it to absolve Thaksin]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work