Myanmar is a new adventure hot spot, but a Portland mountain biker finds the downside: big brother – oregonlive.com, September 7, 2013
…Most everything south of Mawlamyine, a former British outpost on the Thanlwin River, is off-limits to travelers while the landowners figure out exactly which property deals or luxury resorts will be most profitable. This all goes unquestioned, partly because locals are still allowed access, and partly because questions have been outlawed for quite some time…
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey