Myanmar is a new adventure hot spot, but a Portland mountain biker finds the downside: big brother – oregonlive.com, September 7, 2013
…Most everything south of Mawlamyine, a former British outpost on the Thanlwin River, is off-limits to travelers while the landowners figure out exactly which property deals or luxury resorts will be most profitable. This all goes unquestioned, partly because locals are still allowed access, and partly because questions have been outlawed for quite some time…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Should Obama be involved with the Dhammachayo case?