CIB fears political meddling in animal smuggling case – Bangkok Post, May 19, 2011
…Kittipong Khawsamang, deputy chief of the CIB’s natural resources and environmental crime suppression division, said his agency resolved to take over the case after Racha Thewa police told him “that a politician has pressured them to return the passport to the suspect”. An initial investigation had found the suspect was an alleged member of a huge wildlife trafficking ring with links to an international crime network…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- More on police buying their promtions
- Abhisit for leader!