Police deny Suphoth heist leader held in Laos – The Nation, December 4, 2011
…They said Weerasak was arrested at an intersection after taking a van licensed in the Laotian province of Savannakhet to the city and exchanging baht for Laotian currency. They said the fugitive was followed by police and put into a car after his arrest.
A person working at the money-exchange outlet, who asked not to be named, said that during the arrest there were many onlookers, and that several people in the area had confirmed that it was Weerasak who was arrested. Those people said they had followed news of the robbery in the Thai media…
- The Hopewell Project
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics
- ‘White Mask’ Guards Seen Trying To Hit Red Shirts With Iron Bars
- Thaksin Wants to Know Who Burned Central World
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Thailand’s government acknowledges $4.4B loss from controversial rice price support scheme
- Secret footage reveals brutal conditions of Rohingyas in Thai refugee center
- Ladyboys versus All Blacks: is this the world’s weirdest sport?
- Thailand’s boom: To the northeast, the spoils
- A Thai family’s desperate search for their missing daughter
- If you want it back… then take it